NEW ORLEANS – Make plans now to attend the 13th International Congress on Combustion By-Products and their Health Effects May 15-18, 2013 at the W New Orleans Hotel in New Orleans, LA!
Stephania Cormier of the LSU Superfund Research Center said tentative topics to be covered during the congress are:
- Respiratory Health Effects of Air Pollution,
- Mechanisms Linking Combustion Pollution and Cardiovascular Toxicity/Dysfunction,
- Air Pollution and Reproductive/Developmental Health,
- Toxic metal speciation,
- Advanced diagnostics of environmental samples, and
- Chemical characterization of combustion pollutants.
The congress is open to everyone including the general public, as well as members of academia, industry and/or government. Junior faculty, postdoctoral and student travel awards are available. Cost is $250 to register. A list of speakers, exact location of the congress, as well as registration information will be available in the near future.